Saturday, April 18, 2015

Progress!

Hey everyone!

So to start things off, I want to present this sketch of Pranav's post-apocalyptic character and his pet dragon, which I haven't yet gotten the chance to color in but that will happen sometime en el futuro:

Bob and his dragon. Snazzy.
Not gonna lie; it was really fun to draw. I also wanted to show you guys this draft watercolor version I did of Tia's hipster dude character:

Whoaaa color!
And some more pieces here and there:

An elderly man I saw at Starbucks
I kissed a piece of paper with lipstick on and then
painted over it... don't judge me
Anyone else stay up at night thinking of the
pronunciation of words? Yes? No? Okay
Watercolor madness, woo
The Art of Deflecting Compliments
by Daria Bazzi
(get it)
((the ART of deflecting compliments))
ha
haha
So now that we're all warmed up, onto the progress I've made with the animation! Here's a lil sneak peak at what I have so far, no sound or anything:


It took several hours. Fifty seconds. Woo. Thank goodness it's tons of fun.
Lemme know what you think of it!

And to wrap things up, of course,  a short or two.

Here's a super adorable one about stuff being all fun and games until someone (metaphorically) loses an eye:


(it's not really about stuff being all fun and games until someone metaphorically loses an eye)
((it's more just a cute lil thing about a dude and his wife being sweet and stuff))
(((and it's melodramatically comedic)))

But ANYway; onto the next short, High Tide, from a student at the School of Visual Arts, about friendship and learning and conquering differences:


Question: If you've been watching the shorts, what's been your favorite so far?

Well, that's it for today. I hope all you lovely folks are carrying along well.
Don't forget to brush your teeth.

8 comments:

  1. This is really awesome but I'm a little offended my character didn't make it this time.
    Also, I am amused at the thought of you kissing paper in your room alone :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yah know. Yah gotta do weird things for art sometimes. Sacrifices must be made. For the good of the people. *strikes a heroic pose* And I am willing to make them. By... kissing a piece of paper... in my room...
      Ehem. ANYway
      Haha you'll see more of your character in the future probably. And thank you for thinking my work is awesome! :)

      Delete
  2. YOOZ
    i shall now spell use as yooz forever
    also that bob is on point :D

    this blog is consistently fantastic just letting you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean whenever I'm typing "yah know, the usual" colloquially, I type it as "the yooj". Moral of the story: language is malleable!
      Huzzah, I'm glad you like the Bob!
      And thank you so much ^-^

      Delete
    2. Hey Daria! Long time no see I Love your work still, you're doing a great job! I still can't beleive I found you lol well hopefully you can contact me I'm still on kik- Cesar aka villager

      Delete
  3. Awhhh your blog brings me joy. I love the comic of you deflecting compliments. It's so accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daria, please give us at least one more blog post. In fact, please keep blogging after the SRP! And no, I don't stay up late at night thinking about word pronunciations. Not ever.

    I am interested in how the stop motion is going since you posted this last week. Have you gotten faster or learned some new tricks? I might try your method sometime. I dabbled with stop motion a while back to help my minecraft infatuated daughter and her friend make a quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWA7zSMB30c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daria, I love the progress you've made on your animation!! It's so wonderful! The cotton ball cloud was a brilliant idea. I can't wait to see it when it's finished :)
    Have you ever heard of CharlaVail? You have very similar vibes! She just did a stop motion video as well and I thought it might inspire you a bit :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z985G-ZXzQA

    ReplyDelete